- This event has passed.
14th workshop Matching in Practice
March 16, 2018 @ 12:00 pm - March 17, 2018 @ 2:00 pm
March 16th & 17th, 2018
All talks, lunches and coffee breaks take place in the seminar building of the University of Cologne. The address is Universitätsstr. 37, 50931 Köln. A campus map can be found here.
Financial support by the University of Cologne and the Reinhard-Selten Institute is greatly appreciated.
Friday, March 16th
12:00 – 1:00pm Lunch
1:00 – 3:00pm: Session 1
- Matching with Myopic and Farsighted Players, Martin Bichler, Sören Merting, and Aykut Uzunoglu
3:00 – 3:30pm Coffee Break
3:30 – 4:50pm: Session 2
- School Choice with Asymmetric Information: Priority Design and the Curse of Acceptance, Andrew Kloosterman and Peter Troyan
- Need vs. Merit: The Large Core of College Admissions Markets, Avinatan Hassidim, Assaf Romm, and Ran I. Shorrer
4:50 – 5:00pm Coffee Break
5:00 – 6:00pm: Policy Roundtable ; Voluntary Participation in centralized matching schemes
- with Patricia Thomanek and Caren Bergs (Stiftung für Hochschulzulassung), Thilo Klein (ZEW Mannheim), Dorothea Kübler (Berlin Social Science Center – WZB).
- Thilo Klein’s presentation
7:15pm Dinner at Haus Scholzen (Venloer Str. 236, 50823 Köln, http://www.haus-scholzen.de/)
Saturday, March 17th
09:00 – 10:20am: Session 3
- Aiding Applicants: Leveling the Playing Field within the Immediate Acceptance Mechanism, Christian Basteck and Marco Mantovani
- Self-confidence and unravelling in labor markets, Marie-Pierre Dagnies, Rustamdjan Hakimov, and Dorothea Kübler
10:20 – 10:40 Coffee Break
10:40 – 12:00: Session 4
- Fairness and efficiency for probabilistic allocations with endowments, Federico Echenique, Antonio Miralles, and Jun Zhang
- Top Trading Cycles, Consistency, and Acyclic Priorities for House Allocation with Existing Tenants, Mehmet Karakaya, Bettina Klaus, and Jan Christoph Schlegel
12:00 – 12:15 Coffee Break
12:15 – 1:15pm Keynote Lecture
1:15 – 2:15pm Lunch
Accommodation: Rooms have been reserved at the Park Inn (and not the Novotel as indicated in the email). The rate is 80 Euro per night (including breakfast) for a single room. Those who need accommodation (and do not give a talk at the workshop) should reserve their rooms before February 15th, 2018 by writing an email to email@example.com and mention the code “matching in practice”. Rooms can be reserved at that rate for any subset of the nights between March 15th and March 18th.
Scientific committee: Peter Biro (Hungarian Academy of Science), Juan Pereyra ( Universidad de la República) and Alex Westkamp (University of Cologne)
Acknowledgement: Funding from the Reinhard Selten Institute gratefully ackowledged.